Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Local History Project Interview # 2 Gram

Me- so gram what can you tell me about thetown?

Gram- Well there used to be a Ku Klux Klan in Hartland

Me- Really wow, any thing else

Gram- Netties use to be a drug store and there used to be a hotel were the bank is

Me- really so the town had two hotels

Gram-ya it was a very popualr place back in those days

Me- I see so how about the diner

Gram- I dont know I do know that it has been around since the 1800's

Me- ok so what else

Gram- Out behind our house were Alice Sico lives used to be a brick factory

Me- oh really so thats why there are so many bricks in the garden every year. so what else is there

Gram- Well down behind the bank you know were the tannery's parking lot is used to be full with apartments and stores, a resteraunt and a sheriff was actually shot there the man who did it was killed

Me-wow!!!! thats interesting so did the sheriff servive

Gram- ya he was only wounded

Me- ok so this is that last question I herd that Randletts used to have a gas station

Gram- it did when her husband owned it, then she took over after he died

Me- ok well thanks for this inter view

Gram- yup any time

No comments: